The 30th IPA Congress in Bangkok takes place on March 24-26. Designed to educate publishers by connecting them with their peers, it brings together world-leading experts on digital publishing, copyright, licensing, educational publishing, piracy and much more. Book your place now!
Change is the new status quo in publishing. A range of disruptive forces (threats to copyright, online retail, changing consumer behaviour, new market entrants, the rise of self-publishing...) means that publishers must now fundamentally rethink their business models and value proposition in order to survive.
For over 100 years, the International Publishers Congress has been the leading forum for high-level discussion of the forces impacting publishing. The Congress is designed to connect publishing leaders with their peers, allowing for exchange of crucial market insight.
On 24-26 March in Bangkok, CEOs and innovators from around the world of publishing will gather to discuss strategies to compete in the digital age.
Good news! To encourage maximum participation, the registration fee is only $700 for the entire three-day Congress, including the Gala Dinner and networking events.
Register your place here in order to connect with publishing leaders including:
- Brian Murray, CEO, HarperCollins
- Youngsuk (Y.S) Chi, Chairman, Elsevier
- Derk Haank, CEO, Springer Science+Business Media
- Li Pengyi, President, China Education Publishing & Media Group
- Richard Charkin, Executive Director, Bloomsbury
- Chantal Restivo-Alessi, Chief Digital Officer, HarperCollins
- Matt MacInnis, Founder & CEO, Inkling
- José Manuel Gomez, CEO, Grupo Anaya
- Trip Adler, Co-Founder & CEO, Scribd
- Paul Goldstein, Author, Professor, Stanford Law School
as well as leaders from Pearson, Google, Nature Publishing Group, Editions Nathan, Editorial Edhasa, Igaku-shoin and many more.
During three days of intense debate we will analyse all the big issues impacting publishers:
- Business models for the digital era
- New ways to add value
- Piracy and copyright
- Open Access
- Building business across borders
- The rise of self publishing
- Managing the bookshop crisis
Discover the Congress agenda here.
Don't delay! Discounted accommodation is available at the Congress venue and in surrounding hotels. Book now online at www.ipa2015bangkok.com.
"The IPA Congress is a great opportunity to quickly gain the tools required to take your publishing business forward. Join us in Thailand as we explore new business models for publishing!"
Trasvin Jittidecharak, Chair, 30th IPA Congress Organizing Committee