During the IPA General Assembly, five new members were welcomed into the association including four national associations from Albania, Chile, Jamaica, Somalia and one sector specific association, the Association of University Presses.
The new provisional members are:
- Association of Albanian Publishers
- Book Industry Association of Jamaica
- La Corporación del Libro y la Lectura (Chile)
- Somali Publishers Association
- Association of University Presses
You can read the Association of University Presses full statement upon joining the IPA here.
In addition to welcoming these 5 new members, the General Assembly also confirmed the transition from provisional to full membership of three associations from Mauritania, Iraq and Morocco.
You can see the full list of IPA members here.
The application procedure for 2019 will open soon with a deadline for applications of 1 February 2019.